PATNA BRANCH CIRCULARS
1. Tomorrow - 18.08.2016 will be a holiday for Raksha Bandhan.
2. First Term Results for Std X & XII - 20.08.2016 from 7:45 am to 9:30 am.
For Students of Std 9 C & I
Change in Timings for PT meeting on 13.08.2016
Std 9 C will now have the PT meeting between 11 am to 12 noon
Std 9 I will now have the PT meeting between 8 am to 9 am
Notice to Students of Std IX.
The 1st Unit Test results will be declared on 13.08.2016 as per the following schedule:
Std – IX A, B, C 8.00 am to 9.00 am
Std – IX D, E, F 9.30 am to 10.30 am
Std - IX G, H, I 11.00 am to 12.00 noon
Parents along with their ward/s will be seated in the New ICSE Hall. The meeting will start exactly on time. Therefore, students make sure that you reach the place with your parents in time. After the interaction with the Principal, parents along with their students will move to their respective classes for collecting the results.
Standing instructions for all students.
The First Unit Test results will be declared on 06.08.2016 (Saturday) as per schedule :Std : 5, 6, 7 & 8 from 8:00 am to 11.00 am
a.Parents must collect their child’s results on the result day.
b.Parents who might go out of Patna or are unable to collect the results on the due date, must inform the Principal in writing in advance.
c.No re-correction requests will be entertained after 10.08.2016.
d.On the result day, if the students have any problems regarding the results or any re-corrections needs to be done, they must hand over the answer scripts to the Class Teachers concerned on the same day. The Class Teacher will not accept the request on any other day.
Dear Parents & Guardians,
The new Academic Session commenced from the 30th of March 2016 . In spite of the weather conditions we have managed to function successfully. We thank the Almighty God for his guidance, protection and support always.
CBSE MODEL FOR ISC PAPERS. The Board that conducts the ICSE exams has decided to model its question papers for its Class XII School-leaving test on the CBSE pattern from 2018, (i.e. upcoming Std. XI Students 2016-18 ). The new pattern- possibly with an eye on competitive exams conducted by the CBSE will be introduced from the 2018 ISC exam. Its Class XII syllabus has been framed with such exams in mind.
ISC(+2) SYLLABI-REVISION : (Designed to make it more relevant to competitive Examinations): The council made a detailed review and comparative study with other National, International and State Boards. It is also designed to meet requirements and skills essential for the competitive examinations in India and abroad and has been made more students friendly.
BOARD RESULTS : - ISC/ICSE results are already out. We are happy to inform you that our students have done very well in their examinations. I am very grateful to God Almighty for His tremendous blessings on our students for their success. We congratulates our teachers, parents & students for their hard work for this success. In ICSE Aryendra Singh scored 98.2%, Rohan Kunwar 98.0%, Shashwat Samarpan 97.6% and Amaan Zafar 97.6% and in ISC. Ritika Raj scored 95%.
The School office will function for the purpose of issuing ISC/ICSE Results. Admission forms for Std. XI is available. The admission forms must be duly filled in and submitted to the school office within two days.
SUMMER VACATION:- The School will recess for the summer vacation on 14th May, and will reopen on Wednesday 22nd June 2016.The School timing will be from 6.40 am to 12.40 pm. Absence on the first day of class without intimation, will not be tolerated and if the absence continues for three consecutive days the name of the students will be struck off the rolls.
THE SCHOOL OFFICE will close for the summer holidays from 21st May 2016 to 14th June-2016. The School Fee Counter will not function during this period. The S.B.I. counter will accept all fees except Bus fees. Your fees may be paid at the State Bank of India, Patliputra Branch, on the prescribed days during this period.
SCHOOL DIARY :- Kindly acquaint yourself thoroughly with the Rules and Regulations in the School Diary especially with regard to discipline, attendance, uniforms and payment of fees.
Students are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school. This has been mentioned before, such cell phones found in the possession of students will be confiscated and will not be returned. Your co-operation in this connection is solicited.
HOLIDAY HOMEWORK/PROJECT WORK:- We hope that your children would follow a study routine during the summer vacations to improve and correct their short comings. Holiday Home Work is already given to students. Parents see that your ward/s do their home during this holidays.
We wish you a pleasant and relaxing holiday. We thank you for your unstinting co-operation in all school activities and we look forward to your continued-support in the coming years.
DON BOSCO ACADEMY, PATNA. Date: 10th Feb.2016.
We must FIRST OF ALL, THANK Almighty God for his blessings during the Academic Year 2015-16 especially for all those students who have passed out of our school and for those who are doing so well all over the world; for those in the school; for our Parents, well-wishers and all those connected to our school for His guidance and help rendered to us at all times.
The XII standard Council Examinations has already commenced with practical examinations from 8th February 2016 and the Std. X Council Examinations will begin from 29TH February 2016. Please remember them in your prayers. We wish them all the best and may God bless them.
The Final Examinations for the session 2015-16:
The final examination for Std. IX will commence on Monday the 15th Feb. 2016 and for the rest of the classes, it will commence from 20th of February 2016. The time table is given on the reverse of this circular. We request all Parents and Guardians to devote as much time as possible with your wards in the preparation for the final examinations.
The Results for Std. IX will be declared on 5th March. Regular classes for the Std. X will commence from 8th March 2016. Attendance is compulsory.
Results and Report Cards
Will be distributed as per the following schedules:-
Std. 4, 5 and 11 on 19th March 2016 - timing: 8.10 a.m. to 10.00 a.m., and
Std. 6, 7, 8, on 22nd March 2016 - timing: 8.10 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.,
Report Cards will be handed over only to Parents /Guardians.
School and Bus Fees up to March 2016, and Admit Cards:-
We regret having to mention in most of our circulars to you, the non-payment of School and Bus Fees resulting in an increase of defaulters in this regard. We will be constrained to enforce the Rules of the School Diary for continued fee defaulting. Admit Cards will not be issued to fee defaulters.
Registration of Std. IX Students. :-
Parents of students of Std. VIII please note, that your ward, on being promoted to Std. IX, will have to be registered with the Council. It is, therefore, very necessary for your ward/s to be extremely careful at the time of choosing their stream/subjects for the ICSE Examinations. A separate note will be issued to you through your wards for this purpose.
New Academic Year :-
The New Session 2016 -17 will commence from Wednesday 30th March 2016.
All promoted students must show their Report Cards to the respective Class Teachers on the first day itself after the reopening of school.
Revision of fees :
There will be a marginal revision in the school fees for the New Session 2016- 17.
We look forward to your continued cooperation and support.
DBA/CIRCULAR NO.4/2015-16 DATE: 17/12/2015.
We thank Almighty God for our achievement this year and for the many blessings he has bestowed upon us. We thank you parents/guardians for your encouragement and co-operations. It has been a year full of activities inter-school and intra-School. We acknowledge and appreciate the efforts and interest taken by our teachers and students. Many of our students have achieved success in academics as well as in various school competitions at state and national levels. It has been a year of trails, success, achievement and fulfillment for all of us at Don Bosco Academy.
1. Unit Tests: The second Unit Tests have already commenced from the 12th December-2015 and the result will be declared on the following parent teacher meeting day.
2. Unit Test Results Date: 09/01/2016 :
Classes: 4, 6 & 8 - timing from 8.00 am to 10.00 a.m.
Classes: 5, 7 & 9 - will be from 10.30 am to 12.30 p.m.
3. Pre-Board Examination for Std.X & XII. The Pre-board examination for Std. X & XII have already commenced from the 9th December 2015 till the 21st December 2015.
4. Winter Holidays: The winter holidays will commence from 23rd December 2015 and the school will reopen on the 4th January 2015. The winter timings will continue but subject to weather conditions. The school office and fee counter will remain closed during this period. School fees and bus dues must be cleared by 21.12.2015.
5. Punctuality : Many students especially those who commute to school by bicycles, Private vans, auto-rickshaws, cycles, rickshaws arranged by you parents and on foot-make it a practice of coming late every morning after the commencement of the morning assembly. Therefore parents/guardians, kindly take necessary steps to ensure that your ward/s reach school in time for the morning assembly or such student/s will be sent back home. Further more to prevent students from wandering and wasting their time on the road after dismissal, insist that the conveyances arranged by you come exactly on time to take them back home from school campus. Parents please instruct your ward/s to be inside the school campus till their vehicle come to pick them up.
6. Uniform: You are once again reminded to send your ward/s to school in the correct prescribed winter uniform. A small number of boys and girls regularly (seems to modify) ignore the regulations with regard to correct attire /appearance at school. The uniform must be worn respectfully at all times and parents are requested to cooperate and assist the school and enable their children to adhere to the uniform regulations.
Shoes: The only shoes that should be worn with our uniforms are black leather lace-up shoes not Jazz-style shoes.
Hair Styles: Hair in terms must be clean and neatly styled according to the school regulations.
7. Christmas: The Joyous season of Christmas has caught up with us once more to commemorate the Birth of Jesus Christ which took place more than two thousand years ago. The significance of Christmas cannot end with mere external celebrations. Christmas will be truly meaningful and relevant if we can spread the message that Jesus gave us during His Ministry, that is , to love one another, especially the poor the sick, the needy and the down trodden.
May this Joy and Peace of Christmas remain with you and your families throughout the year!
DON BOSCO ACADEMY, PATNA.
DBA/CIR.NO.3./2015-16 DATED. 01 .09.2015
1. You have already been in touch with the Class and subject teachers of your ward/children. You are also aware of the strength and weakness of your children after you had reviewed the unit test papers at the recently concluded P.T. Meetings. We trust and hope you are paying proper and careful attention to the progress of your children with their studies. We are certain that remedial steps have been taken to help them improve in their weak subjects.
2. Private Vehicles/Auto-Rickshaws:- Many of you have made arrangements for your wards to commute to school and back in private Maruti Vans and Auto-Rickshaws. We have been observing that these conveyances, especially auto-rickshaws are overloading their vehicles which are a danger in itself. Please instruct the concerned Transporters that the students have to be on time for the Morning Assembly everyday – failing which they will be sent home immediately. You are also requested to insist that your children come to school in the proper prescribed school uniform.
3. Bus Passes:- Students commuting to school on the School owned buses as well as Ram Baboo’s Bus service are advised to carry their Bus Passes with them every day. Any student found without the bus pass will not be permitted to board the Bus. We recommend R.B Bus service being the oldest dependable service.
4. The First Term Examinations:- The first terminal examinations will commence from the 7th September, 2015. Please make sure your ward/s have the syllabi and the time table. You are requested to spend some time with your ward/s during their study-time.
5. Admit Cards:- Admit cards will be issued to all students who have cleared all their dues up to the third installment i.e. (August & Sept.2015) as well as school bus fees including that of Ram Babu Bus services too.
6. Distribution of Report cards:- Note the dates on which report cards will be given to parents only.
Saturday the 17th October 2015 , between 7.30 a.m to 10.30 a.m. for Stds. IV, V, VII & IX , and from 10.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m. for Stds. VI , VIII & XI.
7. Parents who wish to discuss any problem regarding your ward/child in confidentiality, you may meet the principal.
DON BOSCO ACADEMY, PATNA-800 011.
DBA/CIR./NO.2/2015-16. DATE: 14.05.2015
Dear Parents & Guardians
The Academic Session 2015-16 commenced on the 7th April 2015 and I am sure you are up to date with what is happening in this institution. The academic activities have been brought to a standstill owing to the sudden occurrences of earth quakes and aftershocks and the orders passed by the competent authorities to close for summer vacation immediately from 13th May onwards.
Summer vacation:- The school will re-open on 22nd June 2015 . The school timings will be from 6.40 A.M to 12.40 P.M.
School Diary : Kindly acquaint yourself thoroughly with the Rules and Regulations in the School Diary especially with regard to discipline, attendance, uniforms and payment of fees.
Information Record : The Information Record in the school diary must be filled in correctly in every detail, especially telephone numbers and addresses and submitted to the Class Teacher. We have observed on many occasions that the information provided by you in the information record undergoes certain changes in the course of the year – but, unfortunately, intimation of such changes is not conveyed to the school and in time of emergency we find ourselves unable to contact you. We would, therefore, request you to please inform the Main school office in writing whenever there is a change in Telephone number or address, in the interest of your ward/s.
The School Office will close for the summer holidays on Saturday 23rd May 2015 to Monday 15th June, 2015. The school fee counter will not function during this period. The S.B.I. counter will accept all fees except Bus fees. Your fees may be paid at the State Bank of India, Patliputra Branch, on the prescribed days during this period.
Bus Passes : Students commuting to school on the School-owned buses as well as Mr. Ram Baboo’s Bus services are advised to carry their bus passes with them every day. Any student found without the Bus Pass will not be permitted to board the Bus.
Holiday Homework/Project Work.: We hope that your children would follow a study routine during the summer vacations to improve and correct their short comings. Holiday Home Work will be given to students on P.T. Meetings held on 15th& 16th May 2015. It will also be available on the school web site – www.donboscopatna.com.
Board Results : ISC/ICSE Results are expected on the 18th of May, 2015, at 11:30 am. The office will function for the purpose of issuing ISC/ICSE Results. Admission forms for Std. XI will be available immediately after the declaration of the I.C.S.E Results, from 19th May 2015, between 7:30 am to 11:30 am. The admission forms must be duly filled in and submitted to the school office within two days. Those candidates who have secured 80% and above at the Std-10 board examinations will be eligible for direct admission to Std.XI.
We wish you a pleasant and relaxing holiday. We thank you for your unstinting cooperation in all school activities and we look forward to your continued- support in the coming years.